Eco Friendly Paints For Kids & Babies
An eco-friendly, gluten free, vegan friendly and plant-based paint kit.
The Paint Kit includes 8 x 50g powdered paint including black, brown, purple, blue, green, red, orange, and yellow, custom designed vegan bristle birch paint brush, compostable mixing containers, spoons and stirrers (sustainable timber – FSC certified).
Each kit makes up to 1.5L of gluten free paint. You don’t have to use it all at once – you can mix small amounts as you go, this reduces wastage too. If you mix more than you need you can store the excess paint in the fridge for up to three days.
What is unique about Natural Eco Paint?
PLANT BASED: made from 100% plant ingredients. The colour range is derived from plant, root, spice and flower pigments. All art mediums are vegan, gluten free, nut free and dairy free making them a safe alternative. They are also free from non-renewable mined clay and micas which are commonly used to colour ‘eco-friendly’ art products.
NON-TOXIC: 100% non-toxic – free from synthetic colours and chemicals and food grade so if they do make their way into little mouths they are completely safe.
ECO PACKAGING: BIODEGRADABLE, COMPOSTABLE AND RECYCLABLE: – the whole kit and its contents are either recyclable, biodegradable or compostable – a tick for sustainability!
- Unused paint is compostable and can go in organic recycling.
- The paint packets and kit box are not laminated or lined so that they can go straight into your home recycling bin.
- The mixing cups and lids are made from corn starch derived PLA (poly lactic acid) and once you have finished with the kit you can pop them straight in the green organics recycling bin and they will break down over 12 weeks in an industrial recycling facility. To read more about this process see https://www.vegware.com.au/pages/composting-faq
- The wooden stirrers, spoons and tie are also uncoated and untreated so they can go in the organic recycling.
- The paint brush is the only thing left – custom designed and manufactured for longevity and for little hands (8mm x 18cm). If you decided to dispose of it the handle can go in the green waste bin, the aluminium ferrule can be recycled, and the vegan friendly bristles can be redcycled with soft plastics – to learn more: https://www.redcycle.net.au/
HANDMADE IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA: all products are lovingly handmade from scratch in South Australia.
The paint kit has small parts such as brush cap and lids which could be a choking hazard for little ones (under 3 years of age). The paint itself is food grade and totally safe for children under 3 with adult supervision.
Adult supervision is required.
An art smock should be worn: some colours may stain – it’s only natural!